Accountant, Mercedes-Benz Melbourne
Mercedes-Benz Melbourne prides itself on creating a positive and rewarding working environment and together with the team at LSH Auto we're excited to offer the opportunity for a motivated Accountant to join our team based at the Kings Way dealership in South Melbourne.
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Accounting and Finance, some of your responsibilities include:
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and analysis of month end process ensuring the working day three deadline is achieved
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations discussing any issues with department manager and senior management.
- Accounts payable and receivable support, full coverage across these sectors is imperative.
- Analysis of month end results distributed to branches on a timely basis followed up with regular updates to the Senior Manager, Accounting and Finance as required.
- Supporting dealership management and colleagues by interpreting results, identifying and formulating strategies to improve any weaknesses identified
- Preparationof journals on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Assisting dealership staff daily with queries to ensure and instil a ‘right first time’ mentality.
- Assisting with budgeting and forecasting data as required by the Senior Manager, Accounting and Finance.
- Ensuring that segregation of duties occurs within dealerships thus reducing the likelihood of fraud within the business.
- Being investigative into the transactions of the dealership, ensuring that any issues are addressed in a timely fashion with follow-ups as necessary, thus providing a level of confidence in the figures presented in the general ledger. This is achieved by ensuring that dealerships follow a one-rule process, accounting for transactions in the same manner regardless of location and local management preference. Escalating any issues as necessary to senior management where resolution is not possible.
- Liaising with internal and external auditors as required ensuring the integrity of the general ledger figures
Monthly bank reconciliations for all retail bank accounts (back up only),To be successful in the role, you will have:
- A minimum 3 years Accounting experience working within a similar environment;
- Extensive financial accounting working knowledge;
- Motor Vehicle dealership andPentana experience is highly regarded;
- University degree qualified in Accounting / Commerce; and
- Professionally CA / CPA qualification (or working towards the qualification)
As part of our successful team, on offer is a:
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Generous Long Service Leave provision (13 weeks at 10 years' service), Salary Continuance Insurance, paid Maternity/Paternity Leave, discounted car purchase options; and
- Great culture, including employee engagement activities and great employee benefits!
If you believe you are a strong candidate for this once in a lifetime opportunity, please submit your resume. Only applicants who meet our selection criteria will be contacted.