Human Resources Manager, Mercedes-Benz Sydney
LSH Auto Australia is the largest authorised Mercedes-Benz retail group in Australia operating in the capital cities of Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. Part of LSH Auto International, one of the World’s largest dealer groups for Mercedes-Benz we strive to deliver our brand vision; to become the benchmark for excellence in customer experience through delivering upon our values of Trust, Integrity, Teamwork, Relevance and Social Responsibility.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic HR Manager to manage the full HR function for Mercedes-Benz Sydney. For LSH Auto Australia, it’s not just about your credentials on paper, it’s about you as a person and your personality...
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources and locally to the Dealer Principal, the successful applicant will be an active member of the operations team, driving and supporting dealership and cross-group initiatives. The role will be both strategic and hands-on providing full cycle Human Resources support to the three business units which operate in Sydney.
This solidary HR leadership role is critical in driving the HR functions while continuously reviewing our processes for improvements. Working with the senior leadership team and across all levels of the organisation the HR Manager will be responsible for implementing HR strategies by helping establish department accountabilities; including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Build collaborative networks with management and all internal clients ensuring the relevant people development and aligned to meet strategic and operational objectives.
- Manage end-to-end workforce planning including forecasting needs, job design and evaluation, recruitment and selection processes, on-boarding new employees and coaching and liaising with line managers.
- Responsible for training and development to ensure that the Dealership meets the monthly OEM mandatory requirements and other LSH Auto internal programs.
- Responsible for Work Health and Safety requirements including committee and injury management ensuring a safe and supported environment.
- Develop, implement and maintain company HR policies and practices that reflect contemporary, evidence-based approaches and meet legislative requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the Dealer Principal and Head of HR to identify, develop and implement key organisational culture, engagement and change initiatives and strategies.
- Coach, monitor and review the performance management system ensuring that appropriate plans are in place for managing
- succession, retention, talent and career development.
- Assist with professional development linking organisational goals and coaching individuals to improve performance and achieve career progression.
- Manage the remuneration structure and salary reviews, providing recommendations to the Dealer Principal and Head of HR.
You will be an inspiring & supportive person who leads by example, with common sense and is passionate about what they do. We are not looking for the "Fun Police" but someone capable of nurturing our Senior Managers and Staff while developing a supportive, positive and performance culture.
Preferably, we are seeking a person who has HR experience gained at the Manager or Generalist level having covered the full HR spectrum, experience in customer centric with a corporate influences. You will have room to grow but will possess the ability to partner effectively with senior management and drive people solutions with a commitment to safety, training and innovation.
What we’ll be looking for
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Human Resources
- Minimum 3+ years experience in providing HR support to operational teams
- Solid understanding of the Fair Work Act, National Employment Standards and other relevant Industrial Relations legislation
- Solid understanding of Work, Health & Safety
- An understanding of WorkCover
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and influencing senior leaders
- Extensive knowledge and experience consulting on a broad range of HR issues
- Proven ability to manage change in a complex and often challenging work environment
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build effective relationships